MP3 Don Baker - Rain On The Wind
Komplettes MP3 Album von Don Baker
Angegebene Spieldauer: 60:31
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Rockin’Blues, Country, Harmonica ... Bono rates Don as Best Harmonica Player in THE WORLD
Käufer, die sich für (Bonnie Raite Sonny Terry Sonny Boy Williamson Charlie McCoy) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
Don Baker - Rain on the Wind (2006)
Actor, singer, prolific songwriter, and author, Don Baker releases his sensational new album “Rain on the Wind” on March 31st. “Rain On The Wind” will be Don’s 9th solo album and the 4th album to be released on his own label, Modal Records which was set up in 2000. The album features 15 tracks 13 of which are Don’s own compositions.
Rain On The Wind, features the much sought after track “Winner in You”. The album also includes the title track and lead single “Rain On The Wind “, a dynamic live recording with Aslan’s, main man Christie Dignam. “Rain On the Wind” once again demonstrates Don’s talent, as one of Ireland’ prolific, singer / songwriters. Other stand out tracks “Mama”, “Miss You”, Chains” and “Good Time Woman”..
Don Baker is one of Ireland’s most gifted musicians whose fans include; U2’s Bono who publicly declared Don, "the greatest harmonica player in the world", and Charlie McCoy who described Don as "the best Rock & Blues Harmonica player" he has ever heard. Mark Feltham of Oasis rates Don “the best acoustic harmonica player alive”. Don is the author of several instruction books on the harmonica, which are on sale in several languages and are distributed throughout the world, as well as five teaching videos. He also adjudicates bi-annually at the World Harmonica Championships. In the 1993 film, “In the Name of the Father” starring Daniel Day Lewis and directed by Jim Sheridan, Don received critical acclaim for his role as Joe McAndrew, head of the IRA in the UK prison where Gerry Conlon was detained. Don also had a major role in a Hollywood comic caper movie titled “On The Nose” also starring Dan Ackroyd and Robbie Coltrane. The book "The Winner in Me - Don Baker’s Story" by Jackie Hayden (Hot Press) has enjoyed success in the Irish Bestsellers list.
1. Rain on The Wind A song I recorded with Christy Dignam, we recorded it live, I wrote it after I read a Walter Macken book of the same name Rain on the Wind.
2. Almost Illegal While recording this the studio went bust we felt like we were doing something illegal, when the sheriff arrived to throw us out. Brian Downey played Drums on the track and also gave me the tune title, it’s an instrumental on harmonica.
3. Been Alone Too Long A song I wrote after being released from prison at age 19, she didn’t wait for me and I’m trying to go straight that’s what it is about.
4. Help Me Work It Out It’s about working to express myself to someone, talk shoot the breeze, beats drinking and taking pills.
5. Jordanna An instrumental I wrote it for my daughter Jordanna.
6. Mama I wrote this one about my family. We were separated as children, it’s about my mother crying and having no choice but to put my sisters in a home run by nuns, I went to Daingen an industrial school for young boys.
7. Miss You I wrote this for John Tierney who died at the age of 25. Gay Byrne introduced him to me many years ago, I took him under my wing. I still Miss him..
8. Funky Duck https://www.tradebit.coms was written by my friend Charilie McCoy, he recorded my instrumental Jordanna and I recorded his instrumental Funky Duck
9. Chains I wrote this song about love addiction co-dependency, its something not talked about by the media TV, papers etc etc needed to write this.
10. Never Let You Down I wrote this for my son Glen when he was a small boy, he told me he preferred Madness his favorite band at the time.
11. Winner In You This song was a big hit for me. People can’t get it but now they can, it’s on this CD, so I hope they will stop waging their fingers at me.
12. Ducking and Diving About trying to quit Drink, Stop drowning my sorrows etc etc.
13. Wouldn’t Treat a Dog I wrote about a relationship I was in, I left because of the abuse.
14. Good Time Woman I wrote this many years ago I just used my imagination never was with such a woman not yet anyway.
15. Dons Train What can I say.