MP3 Arun Kumar Patel - Pearls of Melody
Komplettes MP3 Album von Arun Kumar Patel
Angegebene Spieldauer: 49:24
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: The title is Raag Flavor in Symphonic Style (Orchestral rendition of Indian musical moods in four movements). The basic concept is to bring out the melodic flavor of ethnic Indian classical music and presnt it through the western orchestral style.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
The title is raag flavor in symphonic style (Orchestral rendition of Indian musical moods in four movements). The basic concept is to bring out the melodic flavor of ethnic Indian Classical music and present it through the western orchestral style.
I have tried to preserve the character and structure of both Indian and western classical music at its best. The work is in four movements:
a. Allegro (fragrance of raag Pahadi),
b. Andante Serenade (Geet),
c. Maestoso (glimpses of raag Bilaaval and raag Darbaari) and
d. Romance (Theme and variation in raag Kalaavati)
The ideawas conceived in 1954 when I heard a performance by the Minneapolis Symphony in Bombay, India. The performance inspired me to study the technique of orchestration and methods of composition.
The orchestral recording of the work is approximately 15 minutes. Apart from this I have a select musical recording which is of 35 minutes duration. These are a set of seven orchestral works collectively known as "The Pearls of Melody". Their individual titles are:
1. Serenade of Bashful Innocence (Raag Bilaaval)
2. Harvest Song (folk melody, Raag Ahir Bhairav)
3. Resonance of Mountain Breeze: Fantasy (Raag Vasant Mukhaari)
4. Midnight Suite (Raag Jay Jay Vanti)
5. Musical Water Flow (based on light western dance rhythm)
6. Parrot Waltz
7. Delightful thoughts in Solitude (Traditional 7/8 rhythm)
Here I have used a small instrumental ensemble consisting of acoustic instruments with the occasional simulation of wind sound through an electronic keyboard. The compositions are of varied moods and different rhythmic patterns.
I have the complete recording and musical score of the entire work on hand.
Certficate of Achievement in Western Music
Light House School for the Blind, New York, NY 1984
Studied under the guidance of Dr. Ruben Varga, colleague Yehudi Menuhin
Master’s degree in Political Science, University of Bombay, India 1970
Bachelor’s Degree (Sangeet Vishaarad) in North Indian Music
Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahaavidyalaya, Pune, India 1963
Diploma (Sangeet Snaatak) in North Indian/Classical Vocal Music M.S. University of Baroda, India 1962
I was inspired to the art of music by Shri Chandrashekar Pandya who remains my "guru" to this day. He performed on Indian TV and radio from 1954 to 1975 in Bombay, India.
Experience: U.S.A. (1978 to Present)
* I fulfilled one of my aims which was to compose short orchestral structure combining elements of Indian and Western classical music- The raag flavor in symphonic style, subtitled "The Orchestral Rendition of Indian Musical Moods in Four Movements". Further I have completed a set of seven orchestral works collectively known as "The Pearls of Melody". I have the complete recording and musical score on hand.
* Rendered over 100 musical compositions and recorded 15 songs. Arranged and orchestrated recording released in the Caribbean Islands and Afghanistan. Performed in the event organized as a tribute to Indian film music at the Kitchen Center for Performing Arts in New York; for a "Country Night" event hosted by the Indian Embassy in Washington D.C.; and for the television broadcast of "Visions of Asia", recorded in New York.
* Private public and professional musical engagements, solo and with musical groups including Swar-Tarang (Sound Waves) which I formed and have been leading and coordinating.
* Private tutoring in voice and musical instruments.
* As member of the Cine Musician’s Association, I performed under renowned film music composers such as Shankar-Jaikishan, Salil Chaudhry and S. D. Burman.
* Served as the Musical Advisor, Coordinator and Trainer for the Musical Society (Sangeet Mandal) of St. Xavier’s College, Bombay.
* Music Teacher for the Bombay Municipal School System and at the Welfare Center (Cultural and recreational Club) for the workers of Mafatlal Industrial group, Bombay.