MP3 Arun Karki - Dhuk Dhuki ka kura
Komplettes MP3 Album von Arun Karki
Angegebene Spieldauer: 52:49
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Contemporary Nepali romantic songs with folk influences, accompanied by both modern and traditional instruments (sarangi, bamboo flute and tabla).
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
About the artist:
Arun Karki, born in Janakpur in south-eastern Nepal, has been singing ever since he can remember. He recorded his first songs in 1992, and studied Eastern classical music for many years with Gurudev Kamat. He also spent time in Bombay learning from various masters. He now alternates between farming and singing. This is his third album.
About the album:
Dhuk dhuki ka kura - "straight from the heart" - a collection of romantic, sentimental and often sad but lively songs.
1. Thaaha chaina - A song about obsession and a sense of loss after seeing a girl only once.
2. Herda herdai - An upbeat tune belies a story of broken promises and an empty heart.
3. Dhan bhanda - The size of one’s heart should be more important than the size of one’s wallet, but the singer’s lover still left him for a wealthier man, leaving him to lament that you should never trust a woman.
4. Nisthuri ko - A sentimental song about loneliness and fate following the end of a relationship.
5. Milan ko ta - "absence makes the heart grow fonder"
6. Ladee ladee - A song about destiny, falling, picking one’s self up again, and falling again in the same place...
7. Timi chau ma sanga - A love song - when you are with me, what else could I possibly need?
8. Sankalpa pheri - A love so strong that there is no need to renew any vows
9. Hasana ma sanga - A boy invites his lover to laugh, dance and talk with him.
10. Kali pani - A comic song about a boy trying to find a girl - he doesn’t mind what she looks like, whether dark or fair, pretty or ugly - but he keeps getting his face slapped when he tries to flirt.
11. Yo saal - A son who has left home tells his mother he won’t be home for the Dasain festival this year, but as he thinks of all the moments he will be missing, promises to come home next year.