MP3 Zelda and the Unibrows - Greens
Komplettes MP3 Album von Zelda and the Unibrows
Angegebene Spieldauer: 69:22
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Electro-acoustic music built around family conversations found on a cassette at a thrift store, and a sci-fi space opera culminating in the eventual lunacy of the narrator.
Käufer, die sich für (Philip Glass Frank Zappa video game music) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
FUN QUOTE MATCHING GAME THING! (Scroll down for bio and answers)
1. Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.
2. Raves have become little more than a way to exploit American youth.
3. Communism doesn’t work because people like to own stuff.
4. There ought to be limits to freedom.
5. If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery.
6. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
7. In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.
8. Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.
9. [Zelda and the Unibrows] have worked [the tape] into a work of music that is quite amazing... ...they really did some neat things with it.
10. I hate quotations.
A. The Dalai Lama, Buddhist
B. The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
C. The Bible, Ecclesiastes 9:18
D. Groucho Marx, Comedian
E. George W. Bush, Texan
F. Ralph Waldo Emerson, Elementary School Namesake
G. Frank Zappa, Composer
H. Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
I. The RAVE Act, headed by Sen. Joseph R. Biden (D-DE),
later revised and made law as of 4/30/03 as The Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act
J. Ralph Valdez, WDET host
Answers at bottom of page.
Zelda and the Unibrows makes lots of serious, goofy-sounding music. Utimately rooted in modern classical music and electronica, people say we sound like video game music (which is often ultimately rooted in modern classical music and electronica). We’re a small collaborative group founded by Joe Krause and Paul Szewczyk and featuring Jesse Barnes (of nearly 27,000 underground bands) on this release.
A few years ago, Joe found a tape at a thrift store.
It’s an audio letter from a family in Florida to their relatives in Michigan. Somehow it ended up at Sunshine Thrift Store in Clinton Township, Michigan. Joe bought it for fifty cents.
Some time later, Joe ran into "Weird Al" Yankovic. He gave Al staff paper and asked him to write a motif for a larger work. After quiet consideration he carefully wrote nine notes.
It is upon these two elements which Joe and Paul wrote "Happy Tape," the first work on Greens.
The second half of the album, "The Inconceivable Excursions of Captain Spacerocket in the 24th Century," is a narrative space opera written by Joe and Jesse Barnes.
It is based on a series of improvisations (originally a side project called Action Sound Super Band) to which more fleshed-out works were added. The story itself is a spin-off of a stage show/sitcom conceived by improviser Lou Houchin.
GREENS is the second part of a trilogy of albums featuring packaging based on places where Joe has worked. GREENS comes with a free golf pencil.
Our last album is NEVES-EATNOUT and is still available on our website: https://www.tradebit.com
JOE KRAUSE published and wrote for Waiting For Lunch Magazine and cofounded and performed in Mr. Rogers’ Sweatshop improv troupe. He likes when people in the media write about Zelda and the Unibrows.
PAUL SZEWCZYK put photos of Beethoven in his high school locker and has a Vegan t-shirt that "Weird Al" Yankovic and Philip Glass signed for him. He wanted to be a Buddhist monk once but the guy there was mean. Paul is 23 and lives in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan.
JESSE BARNES longs for the day a genie grants him the wish of being a famous rapper so that he may have "hos" in different area codes.
Also check out our last album: Neves-eatnouT!
THE ANSWERS (no peeking):
1. D, 2. I, 3. G, 4. E, 5. H, 6. B, 7. A, 8. C, 9. J, 10. F