MP3 Keith Bruce - Good Man In A Storm
Komplettes MP3 Album von Keith Bruce
Angegebene Spieldauer: 31:39
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Comtempory Christian music like you’ve never heard; unbelievable song writing & guitar playing. Covers many styles from jazz to blues, rock to funk.
Käufer, die sich für (michael mcdoanld robben ford steely dan) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
What i tryed to create with this project is groove oriented christian music in a variety of styles .
making the music emotional with interesting chord changes . keeping it simple,and not clouding the songs with a lot of production or over barring guitar . i did find time at the end of all the songs for a solo or two . (it was killing me)
HEAR MORE SONG SAMPLES AT https://www.tradebit.com
1. One thing GOD can’t do = the chorus of this song came to me after hearing a black pastor on the radio . i wrote this song on a acoustic guitar , but it sounded so cool when i played it on piano so i let the piano carry the tune . with the lyrics i wanted to say something half way intelligent and new and wound up giving myself many headaches from thinking so hard trying to accompish this . my favorite part of this song is the music during the bridge . it has a beautiful maj.11th chord . i hope the song sample last long enought for you to hear it .
2. JESUS knows you’ve got the blues = I’ve always found it amazing how blues music can put a smile on your face . it came to me that you don’t hear many christian blues tunes so i figured i’ld write one and use a different blues turn around after each verse . the opening piano riff of this song came to me after listening to some big band songs from the 40’s . the opening piano riff is G to C7b9 . for the guitar solo i thought i would try to atempt ( and i mean try ) a george benson scat on top of the guitar . once again i hope the song sample last that long .
3. The fall = i woke up one morning with the music to this song running through my head and with just the words "watch out for the fall" . musically it’s just a jazz way of playing ( in writters terms ) a 1 , 6 , 2 , 5 . other than that i had a great time experimenting writting the horn lines . the song is about greed . my friend eddie bush did a great job on the vocals .
4. Celebrate = this is a song i wrote mainly for kids . It’s about the small things that GOD does to show us that he loves us . things we often take for granted . I had gotten away from writting songs useing basic G , C , and D chords and thats what people can relate to . for a ear twist i added a Fmaj.9 chord for my on sanity . the guitar solo at the end is my favorite guitar solo on this project . mixed with a fretless bass . to me is very moving .
5. Trust in me = I’m not much of a piano player but it’s my favorite instrument and i love what technology has done for the voicing of the instrument . i just sat down and started playing the opening line one day and the words trust in me just sort of flowed well with it , so i wrote the song around that . the music for the verses just sort of fell below my fingers . i love the Amin.9 chord starting off the verses . it sets the mood for a great city jazz feel and made for some interesting vocal melody lines . the lyrics for the verses were another headache experence . i worked on them for days . this is another guitar solo that i’m proud of .
6. You move me = this song started out as a filler for the project . i came up with it one day while sitting bored to death in my back yard . once again trying to back pedal into writting songs useing standard G , C , and D chords again . I tryed to do something different with this song and orginally recorded it useing an accordion , marching drum , tamborine , upright bass and other odd instruments but it came out sounding awful and i mean very awful . after switching back to acoustic guitar a full drum kit and other standard instruments it turned out great . the cool sounding vocal patch on the keyboard near the end happened by accident so i kept it . i didn’t add the mandolin until mix down and it pulled the whole song together .
7. He just wants = I wrote this song on the way home from fishing . while thinking about all the sermons i’ve heard throughout my life time . they all end with the same point which should always be remembered and that is : GOD loves us so much that he just wants us to know , believe and confess that Jesus is his son and that he dyed in the cross for our sins .
8. Lay your hands on me = the pastor of my church said he wish someone would write a southern rock worship song . while trying desperately to sleep that night it was killing me so i got up and wrote the whole song in about 30 minutes . this rarely happens but when it does it turns out pretty good .