MP3 Bill Pere - Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars
Komplettes MP3 Album von Bill Pere
Angegebene Spieldauer: 43:50
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Full arrangements of well-written, thought-provoking songs for kids, parents, pets, and anyone who breathes.
Käufer, die sich für (Tom Chapin Bill Harley John McCutcheon) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
This is the third in a series of three related CD’s,
"Songs for Kids Who Like to Think", "Songs for Kids with Common Scents", and "Songs for Kids Who Touch the Stars". There are recurring characters and musical themes that tie these together.
Well written, thought-provoking songs for kids and adults, pets, and anyone who breathes and enjoys playing with words. These are songs that will exercise your mind and foster discussion between parents and adults.
The same mastery of cinematic story-telling songs which have made Bill’s adult CD’s (Crest of a Wave, High School My School, Cityscape) so enduring and broad in their appeal is evident here, in this kid-friendly musical world.
"All of Us, God’s Children" was commissioned to be written for the Special Olympics World Games which were held in New Haven, Connecticut, where Bill performed the song as Official State Troubadour. "Rhythm of Our Hearts" which has been used by many school band and choral groups, is one of Bill’s best orchestrations. "TheSaurus" is a celebration of the power of words, and the Latin-flavored "If I Had a Time Machine" speaks of the importance of being able to verbalize feelings. The whimsical "Kyla and the Cupcakes" is a tongue-in-cheek look at how one can make the best of adverse circumstances.
Bill’s children’s songs have been praised by Parents Magazine.
11 Tracks, 43 minutes, LYRIC SHEET INCLUDED !
Proceeds from sale of this CD (and all of Bill Pere’s CD’s) benefit hunger reflief and social services through LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger).
BILL PERE - background highlights
* The nationl IMC 2003 Independent Artist of the Year
* Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995 by CT Commission on the Arts
* President, Connecticut Songwriters Association
* Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
* 13 CD’s of original songs recorded and released
* 22 original theater plays produced
* Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
* International appearances and performances with the Steve Chapin Band
* Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for Community Service through Music
* 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of Commerce
* 1995 Community Service Award from International Artists Cooperative
* Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
* Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
* Member Music Educators National Conference
* Author "Songcrafters Coloring Book"
* Published articles in numerous music industry publications including "Songwriters Market"
* 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
* Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education through Music
* First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995