MP3 Bill Pere - Crest of a Wave
Komplettes MP3 Album von Bill Pere
Angegebene Spieldauer: 49:29
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: The contemporary folk-pop arrangements of Bill’s powerful story-songs transport you back to the 19th century seacoast and into the lives of the characters. You’ll experience their joys and sorrows, romance and heartbreak on the seas and shore.
Käufer, die sich für (Harry Chapin John McCutcheon Jimmy Webb) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
CREST OF A WAVE - by Bill Pere
When was the last time a song made you gasp in amazement?
Since the original version was released in 1991, "Crest of a Wave" has created a buzz up and down the Eastern Seacoast. Called "an incredible piece of songwriting" by the Connecticut Songwriters Association, this album of interwoven story-songs launched Bill’s career and made him a nationally respected lyrical craftsman in today’s music scene. Bill was named Connecticut Songwriter of the Year in 1991. The songs are inspired by exhibits at the Mystic Seaport Museum, and the settings of the songs are based on places in this recreated maritime village.
The unusual combination of contemporary sound and stories about people and love in a 19th century seacoast town gives the songs wide appeal, and the lyrics are cinematic and powerful. Bill’s midi-guitar arrangements are very distinctive.
8 Tracks, 50 Minutes, Lyric Sheet Included!
The track "Six Candles in the Chandlery" hit #4 on the Artist Launch charts in Sept, 2004.
If you like songs with lyrics that tell detailed, character-driven stories, check out Bill’s other recordings,
especially "CITYSCAPE" and "High School My School"
By the way, proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill’s CD’s) go to help Hunger Relief and family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH) at http://www/https://www.tradebit.com
BILL PERE - background highlights
* IMC Independent Artist of the Year, 2003
* Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995 by CT Commission on the Arts
* Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters Association
* Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
* Presenter and Mentor at Indie music conferences around the country
* 13 CD’s of original songs recorded and released
* 23 original theater plays produced
* Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
* International appearances and performances with the Steve Chapin Band
* Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for Community Service through Music
* 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of Commerce
* 1995 Community Service Award from International Artists Cooperative
* Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
* Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
* Member Connecticut Music Educators Conference
* Author "Songcrafters Coloring Book"
* Published articles in numerous music industry publications including "Songwriters Market"
* 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
* Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education through Music
* First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
* Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs for teachers and students
Although each song stands alone, they all are pieces of a much larger tale, brought together by the final cut, the amazing song "Cerulean Blue". The guest lead vocal on the title song by nationally known folk artist Nancy Tucker is a perfect complement to Bill’s vocals, and the introduction to "The Promise" by the elite female group NBT, is a bonus.
8 Tracks, 50 minutes, LYRIC SHEET INCLUDED !