MP3 Bill Pere - High School My School
Komplettes MP3 Album von Bill Pere
Angegebene Spieldauer: 76:32
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Cinematic character-based lyrics, reminiscent of Harry Chapin, with intricate musical arrangements that blend folk, rock, and pop influences of the 60’s and 70’s.
Käufer, die sich für (Harry Chapin Boston Guess Who Jimmy Webb) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
HIGH SCHOOL MY SCHOOL -- by Bill Pere
When was the last time a song really hit home with you ?
BILL PERE is the INDEPENDENT ARTIST OF THE YEAR for 2003, named at the national Independent Music Conference in Philadelphia. He is an award winning songwriter, performer and recording artist, known for lyrics that tell unforgettable tales of ordinary people who weave the tapestry of human experience. Bill’s songs can stand alone as a musical experience, but there is always the important and subtle underlying message of social conscience that makes them touch you even more deeply.
In High School My School, Bill’s 10th release, 17 songs weave together to paint a hauntingly accurate picture of today’s life in the halls and classrooms of America’s schools. In 1 hour and 16 minutes, the feelings and events of the teen years are portrayed with musical power that complements Bill’s lyrical artistry and his vocal delivery.
All of these songs are based on actual accounts from the lives of today’s teenagers. The project was inspired by the events that occurred at Columbine.
His guitar versatility is well represented by a variety of acoustic, electric, and Midi styles, backed by full band accompaniment. The vocal backing of the LUNCH Ensemble and the guest lead vocals by Kay Pere (who also wrote "Pebble"), Shauna Beth Mandleburg, and Chris Kauffmann add variety to the presentations, while Bill’s arrangements bind them together with consistency. Overall, a musical experience that will touch you and leave a lasting impression.
17 Tracks, 76 minutes, LYRIC SHEET INCLUDED!
(lyrics on line at https://www.tradebit.com
The title track reached #1 on the Artist Launch folk charts on August 29, 2004, and "Teach Me How to Fly" reached #3.
"High School My School" is Bill’s best album since his "Crest of a Wave" caused a sensation when it was first released in 1991. The three songs that make up "The American High School Trilogy", which includes Kay Pere’s "Pebble", alone are worth the price. It is a rare portrait of teenagers looking down many paths trying to find meaning in their lives.
By the way, proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill’s CD’s) go to help Hunger Relief and family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH) at https://www.tradebit.com). Check out Bill’s other releases like "Crest of a Wave," "Cityscape," and "New Day Coming Tomorrow"
BILL PERE - background highlights
* IMC Independent Artist of the Year, 2003
* Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995 by CT Commission on the Arts
* Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters Association
* Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
* Presenter and Mentor at Indie music conferences around the country
* 13 CD’s of original songs recorded and released
* 23 original theater plays produced
* Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
* International appearances and performances with the Steve Chapin Band
* Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for Community Service through Music
* 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of Commerce
* 1995 Community Service Award from International Artists Cooperative
* Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
* Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
* Member Connecticut Music Educators Conference
* Author "Songcrafters Coloring Book"
* Published articles in numerous music industry publications including "Songwriters Market"
* 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
* Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education through Music
* First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
* Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs for teachers and students