MP3 Robert Urban - Elegies
Komplettes MP3 Album von Robert Urban
Angegebene Spieldauer: 50:22
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: the art of rock - progressive and uncompromising
Käufer, die sich für (King Crimson - Queen - Yes) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
This year 2000 CD release follows the 1997 critically acclaimed acoustic-rock debut "godless". Again, the multi-instrumentalist Urban performs all the vocals and nearly every instrument himself. Elegies combines elements of both heavy acid-rock and dreamlike balladic art-rock - and is laced throughout with orchestral, electric guitar & synthesizer textures.
As provocative & introspective as ever, an additional air of haunting reminiscence pervades all the album’s lyrics & music. Notably, this recording has enabled Robert to stretch-out and experiment on guitar - be it electric, acoustic, synthesized, bottlenecked, wah-wah’d, or wildly overdriven.
Elegies consists of seven original songs, plus Robert’s own novel, art-rock arrangements of works by 20th Cent "classical" composers Charles Ives, Albert Roussel & Oliver Messiaen.
The CD opens with a pulsating "one-love" anthem THE WAITING SONG, and includes two love ballads - JOEY SAILS AWAY & MY LOVE FOR YOU. The ultra-personal I’M ONLY HAPPY (WHEN I’M FREE) & THE RIVER are virtual autobiographies. The acid-metal TRAGEDY paints perhaps the bleakest portrait of humanity ever put to song. The melodramatic ELEGIE & MARCH OF THE FALLEN LOVERS, from a poem by Gallet, is sung in the original French. The Beatlesque J’ACCUSE points an angry finger at the destroyers of earth’s ozone layer. The instrumentals SERENADE & LOUANGE, originally written for flute & violin respectively, are herein performed by Robert on electric guitar.
Singer, composer and multi-instrumentalist Robert Urban was born & raised in Fairfield County, CT. He received a B.S. degree in Philosophy and Music from the University of Bridgeport, CT.
Moving to Manhattan, Robert began composing scores for an array of professional music, dance, theater and film productions. Also a session guitarist, vocalist & producer, he has contributed to the projects of many other musical artists and theatrical organizations.
Recently, Robert composed the music score for the internationally released film-documentary "Ticket to Freedom: Woodstock", which also featured original songs by Richie Havens. Music from his "godless" album is featured in the indie art film "Paradise Attempted" produced Resolute Pictures, Inc., released in early 2000. The film also includes music by new-age artist Enya. Most recently, Robert composed the instrumental musical score to the new Todd Russell/Alex Dove horror film "Dead Guys"(2002) and "Das Hause" (2003).
Robert owns & operates his own independent music production facility URBAN PRODUCTIONS, where he records both his and other artists? music. His work and a video of one of his songs was recently featured on Manhattan Cable Channel.
There are four Robert Urban CDs available - the 1997 critically acclaimed "godless"; the award-winning 2000 Elegies; the 1980s retrospective who i was (also released in 2000); and the new 2003 Rock Widow. Robert performs everywhere, including various outdoor music festivals, with his own progressive art-rock group - The Robert Urban Band.
Recent Career & Performance Highlights
- "URBAN PRODUCTIONS BOLDLY PRESENTS" - self-produced, ongoing concert series featuring new & established musical artists from all over the U.S.(hosted by Robert Urban)
- Winner - StoneWall Society 2003 "Pride Song of the Year" Award for DON’T ASK, DON’T TELL from the ROCK WIDOW cd. StoneWall Society 2002 "Pride Song of the Year" Award for THE WAITING SONG from the ELEGIES CD.
- Listed as one of ten IMPORTANT VOICES IN MODERN ROCK -Vol. 2, No. 3, March 2001 - THE PROGRESS REPORT
- Winner of Two 2001 OUTMUSIC OMA AWARDS
1. Outstanding Live Performer of the Year
2. Outstanding Recording ("Elegies")
- Nominee - 2001 NY Regional INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARD presented by The MUSIC RESOURCE GROUP organization and sponsored by THE MUSICIAN’S ATLAS
- National Tour (including performances in Atlanta, New York City, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia) (1996 thru 2000)
- U.S. Music Festivals - NYC Pride Festival (2001), Brooklyn Pride Festival (2003) Connecticut Pride Festival (2001 & 2002), Atlanta Pride Festival (2000), Virginia Pride Festival (1998)
- LADYFEST 2002 NYC Festival
- listed in "Award Winning Men" 2002 book.
For more information visit: