MP3 Secret Romans - The Roman Empire Strikes Back
Komplettes MP3 Album von Secret Romans
Angegebene Spieldauer: 30:48
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: 60s influenced rock with strong melodies and harmonies
Käufer, die sich für (THE WHO JAMES TAYLOR ZWAN) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
My name is Karl Lentini. I am the main perpetrator behind THE ROMAN EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. The name SECRET ROMANS was suggested to me by a friend. It comes from somewhere but you have to guess where... The musicians on the CD are Phil Hanson on drums and bongos, Brian Green on lead guitar, Patrick Doyle on bass and backup vocal, and Dave Kowal on Hammond organ. I play rhythm guitar and sing lead vocal. Dave produced and engineered this album at his studio in LA. I wrote all the songs except for lyrics on three of them.
1) SUMMER-- My friend Pete Curley and I wrote several songs together. He came up with the words to this one, based on experiences he had growing up in Massachusetts. My former drummer, James Rothaar, came up with the surfer beat.
2) CRY-- This song reminds me of Sinatra’s MY WAY, where he sings, "I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried..."
3) I NEED A WOMAN-- Don’t we all? This song works best in the acoustic format.
4) OKLAHOMA-- Unconventional blues. Based on a real girl from Oklahoma.
5) SHE’S THE BOSS-- I had this melody for two years and did nothing with it. Then I met a girl and was inspired enough to write words to this melody.
6) CAROLINA-- My friend Pete asked me to write a song for his then girlfriend, Carolina. This is what we came up with. It’s a true story by the way, about how they met, fell in love, and even got married.
7) DESTINY-- I wrote this song about a girl with a completely different set of lyrics. I set it aside, never quite happy with it. My ex-drummer James sat down one day and rewrote the words. Now it’s one of my favorites. A musical departure from the rest of the CD.
8) THE IBD SONG-- I used to work for a newspaper called Investors Business Daily (IBD.) A Japanese guy there told me that when you go to work in Japan you stretch and sing the company song first thing in the morning. So I wrote a song for IBD...