MP3 Mark Schlaefer - The Sweet Honey Mead
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
Angegebene Spieldauer: 32:00
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Personal acoustic blues about my life in the Colorado high country. Even though these songs were written above 9000 feet, they still sound firmly rooted in delta mud.
Käufer, die sich für (Mississippi Fred McDowell Muddy Waters Robert Johnson) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
Deep Blues from the Colorado high country
9000 ft. above and 1000 miles away from the Mississippi Delta I contemplate a lonesome sound. Sifting through stacks of CDs containing the transferred archives of scratchy 78s. Poorly recorded expressions of the injustice of another time and place I struggle to make interpretation of veiled meaning and archaic slang. Bookshelves full of volumes of musicological interpretation by erudite scholars pick away the viscera leaving only the bones to be mounted in a museum like Muddy Waters cabin packed up and shipped to New Orleans to be put on display at the House of Blues. Authentic relics, sites of pilgrimage, the spirit confused with the object, the descent into idolatry and an art form embalmed in clichés to preserve its authenticity. Still, beneath the dithering scratches of the acetate is that sound. It does not come to you like modern recordings you must go to it and when you do that sound breaks between your ears like the crack of thunder over the interminably flat delta plane. Dressed in plain spoken words that sound cuts to the core of the human experience and reveals the indomitability of our souls. I think that I am forever changed having heard it. I feel compelled to add my voice to those who have given it expression before me.
The Sweet Honey Mead
1. Dyslexic Blues - a hidden disability often accompanied by uncanny abilities that are merely a mental slight of hand that deftly deflects attention away from the defect itself.
2. Frustration Dream - I’ve had variations of this dream as long as I can remember. When I heard Robert Johnson sing, "I got stones in my pass way and my road seems dark at night" it reminded me that we can stumble upon the Blues anywhere even our dreams.
3. Low Maintenance Ford - I worked for a guy with a beautiful girlfriend, it almost seemed enviable except on closer inspection . . .
4.I-70 Blues - I use to play in an R&B band down in Denver three or four nights a week. Anyone who has driven this stretch of road in a winter storm knows exactly what I’m talking about.
5. Up the Road - I was kind of surprised by the dimensionality that static adds to a recording of fairly limited band width. Although deep down I always suspected it was the case. Can I have some dirt with that?
6. Dead End Street - Sometimes the Blues are thrust upon us for no apparent reason and sometimes we walk right into them with our eyes wide open.
7. Cold Muddy Water - The man’s music is as haunting as sitting alone beside the Colorado river on a full moon night. The irresistible pull of the chthonic.
8. Thursday Night in Frisco - drinking good beer and playing music with my friends . . .
9. Sweet Honey Mead - Animism is actually a fairly ubiquitous cosmological construct, the indigenous spirits surrounding me are not Voodun in origin but I found the parallels interesting
10. Trouble no More - Sorry, this one really isn’t a blues song. I wanted to end the album on an up beat note, but I’m afraid I slipped into something more didactic. In fact it became something entirely different than I intended.
In Partnerschaft mit CDbaby
Weitere Dateien dieses Nutzers
- MP3 2000 Black - 2000 Black Volume 2: Ascension for Expanision
- MP3 100 Bangin Beats - 100 Bangin Beats
- MP3 A.4.12. - No Other Name
- MP3 1865 - The Sodium Girl Ep
- MP3 617 - Circa 74
Mp3 Andy Squint - Goin' To The Racetrack
Mp3 The Delta Souls - A Trip To The Roots Of The Blues
Mp3 Bigjerry - I Got The Blues For You
Mp3 Ed Teja - Union City Blues
Mp3 Molten Mike - Genuine Bluesman
Mp3 Alan Gerber - Fools That Try
Mp3 Joe Price - 25 Below
Mp3 Kevin Wood - Stray Dog
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!