MP3 Sophie Bancroft - Hot And Cold
Komplettes MP3 Album von Sophie Bancroft
Angegebene Spieldauer: 41:01
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: A deliciously sexy mix of Norah Jones and KT Tunstall combines her seductive voice with captivating lyrics which leave audiences spellbound.
Käufer, die sich für (Norah Jones Diana Krall KT Tunstall) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
HOT AND COLD: Press Release
SINGER-songwriter Sophie Bancroft’s enormous talent has
seen her music snapped up by producers and used in smash -
hit TV drama, Six Feet Under.
"Sophie Bancroft’s voice will send shivers of
sensuality up your spine." MASSIVE MAGAZINE
Her music - a deliciously sexy mix of Norah Jones and KT Tunstall - combines her seductive voice with captivating lyrics which leave audiences spellbound.
"All original songs, Bancroft displays her exquisite
talent. Her eclectic mix of jazz, country, blues and folky
rock, creates a sound that will appeal to everyone
for years to come. "https://www.tradebit.com
Original songs from the new CD include sassy title track Hot And Cold, intense and rhythmic No Matter What and Cruel Or Just Kind, which nods to past greats Peggy Lee and Duke Ellington.
"In the best possible way her diverse taste shows,
sewn together by the wayward, arresting trajectories
of her elastic, creamy voice." SUNDAY HERALD
This year has seen Sophie perform sell-out shows across the country, gaining rave reviews and prime-time radio play which has sparked a huge buzz within the music industry.
"Sophie Bancroft has an impressive CV that covers
jazz, pop and folk. She draws on all these diverse
skills, weaving them through a captivatingly
moody set of songs." JAZZWISE
Brought up in one of Scotland’s most renowned jazz families, Sophie started her professional singing career at the age of 17. She has been bandleader, co-bandleader and vocalist in a series of refreshing and innovative ensembles which have involved collaborations with musicians from the jazz, pop, folk and electronic music scenes.
Collaborations with electronic band Spylab led to the highly acclaimed CD This Utopia. Sophie co-wrote and sang five of the tracks which have been used on TV dramas Six Feet Under and Bands On The Run. Several of the tracks reached top 10 positions in the dance charts with major remixes by artists such as G-Pal and 16b.
Sophie has a publishing deal with Bug Music in Los Angeles.
For further information and bookings:
Contact Antonia Paterson
0141 429 3358 / 07776212097
SOPHIE BANCROFT: Biography
The Story So Far....
Sophie Bancroft grew up in a musical family; her parents were semi-professional jazz musicians and brothers Tom and Phil Bancroft have become two of the top jazz musicians and composers in Scotland. As a young child, Sophie has strong memories of falling asleep to the jazz bands that would play at her parents numerous musical parties, and an innate musical sense was born.
After a musically rebellious teenage era, at the age of 17 Sophie expressed her desire to be a jazz singer to her father, who promptly sat her down and played her his favourite albums by Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald and Astrud Gilberto and started singing regularly with the family band. Edinburgh was full of an exciting generation of young jazz musicians at this time and Sophie soon formed her own bands, developing her skills alongside Brian Kellock, Colin Steele and John Rae to name but a few, and receiving much acclaim from the press.
* "It is for her ability as a musician that she’s become part of the wave talent now being recognised in Central Scotland" The Herald
* "This voice has elegant and ethereal qualities and should be encouraged" The Scotsman
* "She is the best vocalist of the new generation of young Scot’s jazz musicians" The Herald
Sophie performed around Britain at major jazz festivals and clubs, as well as touring in France and Italy. After teaming up with guitarist Sandy Wright, she received regular broadcasts on BBC Radio 2 and Radio Scotland.
Sophie then moved south to take up post as Britains first Jazz Education Development Officer, during which time she honed her skills as a songwriter and an educator. On her return back to Scotland, Sophie teamed up with singer and musician Gina Rae, and went on to have a highly successful 5 years performing, broadcasting and recording mainly Sophie’s compositions with a unique jazz, folk and pop mixture of influences.
* "The hottest outfit to come from Scotland in a long time" Blow The Fuse, London
* "Gorgeous, original acoustic music" The List
* "Refreshing and utterly magical" The Herald
Sophie was then invited to collaborate with with west coast electronic band Spylab, signed to Guidance Records in Chicago, to produce the highly acclaimed CD ’This Utopia’. Their collaborations have subsequently been used on major TV series such as HBO’s ’Six Feet Under’ and VH1’s ’Bands On The Run’ and reached top 10 slots in many dance charts as well as a performance at the esteemed South By Southwest Music Festival 2001 in Texas.
* "Sophie Bancroft’s voice will send shivers of sensuality down your spine" Massive Magazine
* "The melancholy lyrics, carried by Bancroft’s sweet, soulful whisper of a voice, nail you." Propeller Magazine
* "To keep this a national secret would be nothing short of criminal." DJ Magazine
* "Original trip-hop tunes elevate further with the dreamy, white-soul vocals of Sophie Bancroft. Persuasively terrific." NZ Herald
Signing a publishing deal with Bug Music in Los Angeles in 2003 Sophie has subsequently recorded 2 albums featuring some of Scotland’s top musicians - Dave Milligan on keyboards, Tom Lyne on bass, Sandy Wright on guitar, Donald Hay on drums and produced by saxophonist and composer Phil Bancroft and with her exciting band has continued to perform to sell out audiences.
* "The cool and sophisticated lyrical styling of Sophie Bancroft. Weaving a tapestry of songs over the course of two hours, her smooth and smoky voice lifts above the mellowed beat of the music, washing over the audience, leaving them transfixed. Her eclectic mix of jazz, country, blues and folky rock, creates a sound that will appeal to everyone for years to come" https://www.tradebit.com
CD ’Modern Love’ was released in October 2003:
* "Echoes along the way range from Peggy Lee to Joan Armatrading, Alison Krauss to Bjork, in a boldly achieved balance of the classic and the contemporary" Sunday Herald
* "Sophie Bancroft has an impressive CV that covers jazz, pop and folk. She draws on all these diverse skills, weaving them through a captivatingly moody set of songs. There’s an openness and transparency in her songs that communicate, and after all, that’s what it’s all about" Jazzwise
CD Hot And Cold is will be released in May 2005.