MP3 Honor by August - Photographs EP
Komplettes MP3 Album von Honor by August
Angegebene Spieldauer: 21:04
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Award-winning songwriting, a one-of-a-kind voice, and strong musicianship are a few of the reasons why Honor by August is a world-class band in the making
Käufer, die sich für (Third Eye Blind U2 Counting Crows) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
Honor by August (formerly Motive) is a band based on personal, powerful songs, dynamic live performances and strong musicianship.
Award-winning songwriting, a one-of-a-kind voice, and strong musicianship are a few of the reasons why Honor by August is a world-class band in the making.
Honor by August has shared the stage with artists including Howie Day, Ingram Hill, Michael Tolcher, the Disco Biscuits and State Radio (featuring Chad from Dispatch) and has headlined events to crowds of more than 1,600 as far as Louisiana.
In its first year together Honor by August:
* Won the grand prize in Billboard’s World Song Contest (pop category) with "Only in Photographs," a live recording from the band’s first electric performance.
* Was a Featured Artist on Washington modern rock Radio Station Z104 (104.1FM)
* Was featured as an Editor’s Pick by the Washington Post, which called Honor by August’s music "impassioned."
* Was selected for two showcases - both acoustic and electric - at the 2004 Millennium Music Conference.
* Recorded with noted producer Charlton Pettus (Tears for Fears, Josh Kelley)
* Signed a management deal with True Player Entertainment, an LA-based management group that includes Curt Smith of Tears for Fears.
* Held the #1 spot on Washington Post Online’s Top 50 downloads with the song "Better," one of three HBA songs receiving airplay on Washington’s Z104.
* Had its debut CD, "Overlooking Virginia," carried by Aware Records’ https://www.tradebit.com, iTunes and other credible distributors.
https://www.tradebit.com (https://www.tradebit.com in progress)
Capitol Scene (Enertainment DC)
"Hometown rockers, Honor By August (Formerly Motive), are creating major-label buzz by way of a refreshingly original approach to the time honored pop-rock formula.
"Their recent 5-song EP, ’Photographs,’ is an inspired collection of earnest beauty and full-bore rockers -- woven together with impressive songwriting, achingly beautiful vocals and sonically vibrant musicianship.
"If possible, the band’s latest body of work builds upon an already impressive foundation, established when they won the Grand Prize in the Pop category of Billboard’s 2004 World Song Contest.
"It’s our opinion that Honor By August shows all the potential of some of today’s most well-known rock bands."
Restoring DC’s Place in Music (Emergenza web fanzine)
"Motive had a super polished sound that’s destined for the radio."
Editor’s Pick (Washington Post)
"Impassioned lyrics...set a romantic tone."
2004 Billboard World Song Contest Winners (Billboard Magazine)
"...the best and brightest new songwriting talent."