MP3 Jim Weider Band - Remedy
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
Angegebene Spieldauer: 63:23
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Classic Roots Rock Guitar Instrumentals mixed with JamBand Grooves and "THE BAND" like Vocal songs
Käufer, die sich für (THE BAND ROY BUCHANAN JEFF BECK) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
REMEDY, Jim’s recently completed second recording with his band, features eight of his originals, including the title cut (first released on The Band’s Jericho CD where it became a Top Ten Single in Canada). Jim’s distinctive guitar tone, his improvisational talents and powerful solos, and his prowess as a songwriter are evident throughout this CD, notably on "Twister" and "Freedom Walk." "Blues Condition," a funky tune that drummer Randy Ciarlante, co-wrote with Jim features Randy’s strong lead vocals and drumming tightly woven together with Jim’s rhythmic guitar work. Bob Dylan’s "Subterranean Homesick Blues" (featuring Jim and Randy’s dynamic vocal work) and The Band’s classic rocker, "The Weight," reveals Jim’s ability to put their unique stamp on timeless favorites: the latter cut includes special guests Merle Saunders, Mavis Staples, Garth Hudson, Jimmy Vivino, Sid McGinnis and Tony Levin.
This recording is jammin’ with melodic guitar instrumentals and vocals, and danceable energy. In fact, Remedy is as close as you’ll get to the excitement generated at a live Jim Weider band show- without leaving home to go on the road with them!
REMEDY ,reviewed in Vintage Guitar - John Heidt...
Jim’s a Tele guy, and he gets such a great sound - whether it’s a bright, quick-picked thing, or a fat, singing tone; it’s always right.
The record kicks off with a rockin version of "Subterrranean Homesick Blues" that features sinewy guitars and nice beats. Bob would approve. There’s also a nice cover of "The Weight", with Jim stating the melody beautifully and soulfully before Mavis Staples kicks in on vocals.
You have to admire Weider, who stepped into an almost impossible position with "The Band" (...most of us wouldn’t want to take Robbie Robertson’s place), and filled the guitar chair with taste and sensitivity. It’s hard not to like this one. Weider’s a great player, the band always cooks, and the tunes are always good.
JIM WEIDER BAND
Jim Weider, a master of classic telecaster guitar, is renowned for his rock and blues-based signature sound. He is among a select group of musicians with an endorsement from Fender® and, for the past three decades, he’s earned enormous respect from fellow musicians and music fans throughout the world.
Born and raised in the famed arts colony of Woodstock, NY, Jim received great acclaim during his long tenure (1985-2000) as lead guitarist (replacing Robbie Robertson) for Rock ’n Roll Hall of Fame inductees, The Band. During 15 years of international touring with original members Levon Helm, Garth Hudson and Rick Danko, Jim was featured on numerous albums, films, videos and television appearances. Highlights included a 1990 performance with The Band and Ronnie Hawkins at The Berlin Wall concert produced by Roger Waters of Pink Floyd; several cable TV specials (notably "The Bob Dylan Tribute" at Madison Square Garden; "The Road," and "This Country’s Rocking"); a performance and recording at the "Unofficial Blue Jean Bash" for President Clinton’s 1993 Inaugural Ball, with special guests Bob Dylan, Steven Stills and Dr. John; a 1994 pay-per-view concert telecast from the Woodstock ’94 Festival; and a 1995 appearance on the A&E Biography documentary "The Authorized Video Biography The Band" for cable TV and video, released by ABC Video.
Jim furthered his reputation as a versatile and talented guitarist in performances and recordings with Scotty Moore, Keith Richards, Los Lobos, Graham Parker, Taj Mahal, Mavis Staples, Hot Tuna, Bob Weir/Rat Dog, Johnny Paycheck, James Talley, Kim Wilson, Paul Butterfield, Robbie Dupree, among many others.
In 1997 Jim produced and played on Paul Burlison’s CD, Train Kept - A Rollin’ (Sweetfish Records)) with special guests, The Band, Kim Wilson, Los Lobos, Mavis Staples and Rocky & Billy Burnette. He also recorded and filmed All The King’s Men, Scotty Moore’s Sweetfish Records release, including the track "Deuce and a Quarter" with Levon Helm, Keith Richards, D.J. Fontana. Five 2000 and 2001 releases showcase Jim’s songwriting talents, including Kenny Neal’s Telarc releases (What You Get and One Step Closer); the title cut of Bill Perry’s Fired Up (Blind Pig); and tunes on new CDs by Jonell Mosser and Colin Linden.
For Homespun Video, Jim has produced six of the internationally distributed company’s best selling instructional video tapes: Get That Classic Fender Sound, Rockabilly Guitar (two-video set), Electric Country Blues (two-video set), and his 2000 release, Basic Licks and Classic Solos for Electric Blues Guitar.
In addition to touring with The Band, Jim has fronted his own bands since the late 1980s and released his first solo recording of "Many Rivers To Cross" on Woodstock Holiday (Pioneer Records, Japan) in 1993. Since 1997, Jim’s devoted much of his time to his current band , joined by co-founder and fellow Band-mate, drummer/vocalist Randy Ciarlante, bassist Albert Rogers and keyboardist Dan McKinney . All share vocals in this high-energy band that has toured extensively throughout the northeastern US, including festivals, concert halls, clubs like B.B. King’s, and an appearance on CBS-TV’s Early Morning Show. Jim’s been a featured guest - twice - on both "The House of Blues Radio Hour," hosted by Dan Akroyd, and on "The Guitar Show," hosted by Kevin Bacon.
Jim Weider’s first CD, Big Foot (EKG), was praised by Vintage Guitar Magazine as "the highest-quality recording we’ve heard in a very long time. Any guitar purist will be impressed with Weider’s varied styles -- rock, rockabilly, slide, good old blues, and even some ’chicken-pickin’ country. This is a celebration of guitar at its best."
Rre info, visit https://www.tradebit.com
Randy Ciarlante - Drums, Percussion, Lead Vocals
Randy’s been playing professionally since the mid-sixties. His eclectic musical taste ranges from R&B and blues to Latin and jazz - and his distinctively gritty vocals and punchy back beat help create the strong rhythmic base for The Jim Weider Band. In addition to his tenure as drummer and percussionist for The Band (1991-2000), Randy has toured internationally with CBS recording artist Eric Anderson, and with Levon Helm and the RCO All Stars, Jimmy McCracklin, Kim Wilson, Michelle Shocked, Taj Mahal and Lou Ann Barton. He and Jim have been composing and playing together for 20 years, and co-wrote four tunes for Remedy.
Albert Rogers - Electric Bass, Vocals
Albert’s strong vocals and expert bass playing complete the foundation of The JWB. He’s played with Albert Lee, Dave Edmunds, toured nationally with RCA recording artist Grayson Hugh 92-95 and recorded and toured with The Guy Phillips Trio. Albert’s influences range from Gospel/R&B to Rock.
Dan McKinney- Keyboards
Dan’s vast musical knowledge and his ability to solo in all styles keep The JWB solid and musical at all times. He’s recorded & toured with the critically acclaimed "The Original Sins"(produced by Peter Buck of REM), and also recorded with Detroit rocker Scott Morgan, Todd Wolfe (Cheryl Crow), & Kid Bangham ( of The Fabulous Thunderbirds) and many others.
Selected Discography & Special Appearances
Movie/Video Soundtracks & Concert Appearances:
- Staying Together, with The Levon Helm Band, 1989
- The Wall, with The Band and Ronnie Hawkins, produced by Roger Waters (Pink Floyd), Berlin Wall, 1990
- This Country’s Rocking, with The Band (cable TV, 1992)
- The Unofficial Blue Jean Bash, with The Band, Bob Dylan, Steven Stills, Dr. John. President Clinton’s 1993 Inauguration Ball
- Bob Dylan Tribute, with The Band, Madison Square Garden (video and CD), 1993
- Live In New Orleans, with The Band and The Allman Brothers (released on Pioneer laser disc, Japan), 1993, and on DVD worldwide, 1995
- Woodstock ’94 Festival, pay-per-view, with The Band, Roger McGuinn, Bob Weir, Bruce Hornsby, Hot Tuna
- The Authorized Video Biography of The Band, documentary film, performance and interview (released on A&E-TV and on ABC Video, Hallway Entertainment), 1995
- The Road, with The Band (network TV), 1995
- Let It Rock with Ronnie Hawkins, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jeff Healey and The Band (Quality Records, CD and video), 1995
- Not Fade Away with Buddy Holly’s Crickets and The Band (Decca Records, CD and video, and as a PBS special), 1995
- Highway 61 with The Band (TV show theme song), 1996
- Live At Rockpalast in Germany with The Band (European release), 1996
- Danny Gatton Tribute performances at Tramps, NYC, with Les Paul, Albert Lee, James Burton, The Sun Rhythm Section, Paul Burlison and others, 1997
- All The King’s Men, Scotty Moore, with Levon Helm, Keith Richards, D.J. Fontana (Sweetfish Records), 1997
- Go Bullistic, "Da Bulls," Chicago Bulls (co-writer, co-producer), 1997
- Here Comes The Irish, "Notre Dame Stomp," Notre Dame (co-writer, co-
- producer), 1997
- Has performed on The David Letterman Show with "THE BAND"
- Has performed on The Jay Leno’s Tonight Show with The Band
- Has performed on The Conan O’Brian Show with The Band
- Has performed on The Today Show with The Band and also Friday Night Video’s and also performed with JWB on the CBS Saturday Early Morning Show
- Staying Together, Levon Helm and the All-Stars (Rhino Records), 1989
- Bob Dylan’s 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration (Columbia), 1993
- Woodstock Holiday, "Many Rivers To Cross," Jim Weider’s first solo recording (Pioneer Records, Japan), 1993
- Walking On Water, Robbie Dupree, 1993
- Jericho, The Band, co-writer (Pyramid Records), 1993
- Test Of Time, Happy Traum (Roaring Stream), 1993
- Heart of Woodstock (Pioneer Records, Japan), 1994
- Breaking Point, Laurie Yates (EMI/Virgin), 1994
- Let It Rock, The Band with Ronnie Hawkins (Quality), 1995
- untitled, with Champion Jack Dupree, produced by Garth Hudson, 1995
- Through The Storm, Through The Night, Colin Linden (Columbia Records), 1995
- Doc Pomus Tribute Album, with The Band (Rhino Records), 1995
- Woodstock Winter, Tom Pacheco, produced and performed, (Polygram/Mercury), 1996
- High On The Hog, with The Band, co-writer (Pyramid Records) 1996
- Train Kept - A Rollin’, Paul Burlison with The Band, Kim Wilson, Los Lobos, Mavis Staples, Rocky & Billy Burnette and Jim Weider as producer/performer (Sweetfish Records), 1997
- Lilith, Boris Grebenshikov with members of The Band (Pro Forma), 1997
- Jubilation, The Band, co-writer (River North Records), 1998
- "One Too Many Mornings," with The Band and Derek Trucks, single recorded for House Of Blues, 1998
- Meetings With Remarkable Friends, Artie Traum (Narada), 1998
- The Lost American Song Writer, Tom Pacheco, produced and performed (The Road Goes On Forever), 1998
- The Best of The Band, Vol. II (the ’90s), The Band; co-wrote three songs (Pyramid Records), 1999
- Young Guns, produced by Jerry Marrotta, 1999
- Live On Breeze Hill, Rick Danko (Breeze Hill), 1999
- Times Like These, Rick Danko (Breeze Hill), 2000
- Big Foot, Jim Weider and The Honky Tonk Gurus, produced and performed (Dreamsville Records, Japan; Ulftone Music, Germany; EKG Recordings, USA), 2000 Nobodies, Steinar Albrigtsen & Tom Pacheco (Norske Gram), 2000
- Love Doesn’t Ask, John Hall (Siren Songs), 2000
In Partnerschaft mit CDbaby
Weitere Dateien dieses Nutzers
- MP3 2000 Black - 2000 Black Volume 2: Ascension for Expanision
- MP3 100 Bangin Beats - 100 Bangin Beats
- MP3 A.4.12. - No Other Name
- MP3 1865 - The Sodium Girl Ep
- MP3 617 - Circa 74
Mp3 Max Allen And The Jam Band - Mr. Big Man
Mp3 Skyypilot - Under The Radar
Mp3 Fondue Monks - Fondue Monks Live
Mp3 A Crack In Time And The Break Of Dawn - Jam Disc 3 - Cosmic Interference
Mp3 Michael Shipp Xcursion - Adventures Of Roosterboy
Mp3 Yeti - Down From The Mountain
Mp3 Fugitive Glue - Mateo
Mp3 Chad Hollister - Life
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!