MP3 Todd Hildreth Trio - From The Hip
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
Angegebene Spieldauer: 66:04
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Eclectic and bold piano trio work, joyfully and unapologetically dipping into modern jazz, old gospel, jazz standards, pop standards and modern rock, always in the groove and always in the moment.
Käufer, die sich für (The Bad Plus Brad Meldhau trio Chick Corea) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
A word or two about this CD:
I am a jazz pianist with varied musical interest-an unapologetic eclecticist. I’m specifically interested in music that is unique without being novel, accessible but not unchallenging, and serious in the long run but playful on the way. This CD I feel is exactly these things. A rundown of the tunes:
1. Wabash II-This John Scofield tune is probably the only jazz tune built on the changes of the Wabash Cannonball, or at least the only one I know. The melody is all at once catchy, tricky and swinging.
2. Don’t Let Me Down-This classic Lennon/McCartney ballad gets a slightly
Jarrett-ish take, with spatial, open soloing and gospel inflections.
3. Black Nile-This Wayne Shorter standard gets a deconstructed hip-hop treatment.
4. Let Us Break Bread Together-This old spiritual has always been a favorite of mine. We invoke a few of our heroes in this one, including both the Jarrett and Meldhau trios.
5. Alone Together-A great standard. I start things off with a bouncy intro, and we come out swinging from there.
6. A Day In The Life-Another great Beatles tune. We try to catch the somber mysterious mood of Lennon’s half of the piece. In the middle, we get into some Joe Jackson/Ben Folds type territory.
7. Clint Eastwood-The first time I heard this Gorillaz tune on the radio I knew I had to play it. A friend was listening to this and said, "You guys may be jazz players, but this tune flat out rocks!" I hope you agree. At Paul and Chris’ prompting, I become some sort of McCoy Tyner/Joe Sample/Cecil Taylor hybrid.
8. The Nearness Of You-I like to end a CD with a ballad. Everybody likes a little cuddle time.
This CD could not have been possible without the help of two tremendously talented players-Paul Culligan and Chris Fitzgerald, as well as a brilliant and dedicated engineer-Phil Stirgwolt.
-Todd Hildreth, July 2005
In Partnerschaft mit CDbaby
Weitere Dateien dieses Nutzers
- MP3 2000 Black - 2000 Black Volume 2: Ascension for Expanision
- MP3 100 Bangin Beats - 100 Bangin Beats
- MP3 A.4.12. - No Other Name
- MP3 1865 - The Sodium Girl Ep
- MP3 617 - Circa 74
Mp3 Clayton Wright - Moondust (solo Jazz Piano)
Mp3 Clayton Wright - Jazz Escapades For Jazz Piano Trio
Mp3 Ben Hans Trio - Drums! Bass! Guitar!
Mp3 Jack Wilkins - Christmas Jazz Guitar
Mp3 Hugh Fraser - Big Works
Mp3 Doug Munro & Ii-v-i - Up Against It
Mp3 Noah Baerman Trio - U-turn
Mp3 Sam Crain - Bird's-eye View
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!