This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 2,904,063 satisfied buyers
MP3 Gary Danielson - Vienna Nocturne
Komplettes MP3 Album von Gary Danielson
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Jazz and Classical sketches of an American in Europe and Russia. Spans Bebop to Irish folk
Käufer, die sich für (Stan Getz Kenny G Pat Metheny) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
Gary has worked for the last 10 years between the US, Europe and Russia. The influences of the people and cultures have inspired this musical Odyssey.
Here are the notes Gary made of his thoughts while composing these musical sketches.
1. Ringstrasse 48A - This bop tune integrates a small portion of Beethoven's 5th and Strauss's Blue Danube Waltz in the lead line. This is my homage to the city which inspired them and still inspires today. The Ringstrasse is the "Ring Road" surrounding downtown Vienna. 48A is the bus route I rode each night which took me though this vibrant city.
2. Latisana - This is a small Italian village about an hour outside of Venice. My cousin Mary owns a pastry shop there.
3. Paris Airport - This song was written after my first experience at Charles De Gaulle in Paris. Yellow signs are everywhere and the first time you navigate through the airport it starts out simply but gets more complex... same with the song.
4. Christmas in Prague - I was in Prague in the middle of the summer but couldn't help imagining it at Christmas time. Wenceslas Square covered in snow. Snow is falling and horse drawn carriages ferrying people here and there.
5. Vienna Nocturne - It's after midnight on a sultry mid-summers night in Vienna and I'm walking home from a jazz club. Even at this late hour the city is alive with music coming from many different locations as I walk the Graben
(a portion of the downtown).
6. Irish Suite - Once coming back from Russia I decided to stop in Ireland. What a great day to fly into Shannon, Ireland. The first movement reflects coming over the coast and seeing the Emerald Isle for the first time. The second movement recalls climbing a mountain pass to see a fairy pond with a group of children. In the last movement I'm leaving Ireland but taking with me great memories of
a lovely land and new friends.
7. Midnight Train to Belgrade - The overnight train from Vienna to Belgrade, Serbia takes about 10 hours. At each border, Austria-Hungry and Hungry-Serbia the train stops for customs to check passports. I remember all the stops and the smell of cigarettes and the sounds of drinking passengers.
8. Mr. Van Gogh - This was inspired by the Van Gogh self portrait I saw in the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. This tune is somewhat discordant and dissonant as was Van Gogh's life and art.
9. El Fuego De Milano - "The fire of Milan Italy" Milan is a city of passion including the drivers. I got lots of "help" while driving through the heart of the city. I've tried to capture that passion using a Cubano feel with a sax style borrowed from Argentine Sax player Gato Barbieri.
10. Hymn For Russia - The Russian people have not had it easy and I hope they find they're way. This is written for the Russian friends I have worked with over the years.
11. Bossa De Bratislava - While listening, imagine walking through the ancient streets of the city in the dusk of a late winter afternoon. A light mist is falling.
12. Headed Home Suite - I was awestruck with the churches in Europe. This is the last song and it moves musically from the Gothic cathedrals and classical music of Europe to a fusion of classical and jazz, and finally to the small churches of the American south and Gospel music.
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.