MP3 Francesco Crosara - Energy
Komplettes MP3 Album von Francesco Crosara
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: This is a re-issue of the debut album of the pianist & composer. All original jazz & latin compositions, from straight-ahead acoustic to electric fusion with a Brazilian touch. Bonus track features a live performance of "Lover Man".
Käufer, die sich für (Chick Corea Keith Jarrett Herbie Hancock) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
Born in Italy in 1960 and residing in the United States since 1980, Francesco Crosara is an accomplished jazz pianist, composer and educator who has performed at festivals and venues across the United States, Canada, Mexico, France and Italy. He comes from a musical family as his mother, Lilian Terry, is one of Europe's foremost jazz vocalists who has recorded also with Dizzy Gillespie and with Tommy Flanagan.
ARTISTS HE HAS PERFORMED WITH
Gabe Baltazar, Richie Cole, Mayuto Correa, Von Freeman, Lionel Hampton, Roy Hargrove, John Heard, Freddie Hubbard, Don Menza, Barbara Morrison, Earl Palmer, Bobby Shew, Ira Sullivan and Lilian Terry.
Francesco studied Classical piano & Theory at the Conservatorio di Santa Cecilia in Rome, followed by private studies in Jazz Harmony, Composition and Improvisation in Italy. In 1981 he attended USC in Los Angeles where he was a permanent member of the USC jazz big band. Main influences have been family friends Dizzy Gillespie and Chick Corea.
* France 2003 - Performance with Lilian Terry and a French trio, at the MIDEM 2003 Festival in Cannes to present their new CD "Emotions" released by "TCB the Montreux Jazz Label".
* France 2001 - Performance at Chateauvallon jazz festival and at Nice jazz clubs.
* Chicago 1997-2000 - collaboration with various well known musicians such as Ira Sullivan, Von Freeman and Roy Hargrove.
* Hawaii 1995 & 1996 - Performances in Honolulu Theatre award winning productions of "Grand Hotel" and Rogers and Hammerstein's "Flower Drum Song".
* Spain 1992 - Selected, with his group and 40 other diverse artists, to represent Hawaii performing at the US Pavilion during the Universal Expo'92 in Seville, Spain. Was also invited to perform at other venues such as the Belgian and New Zealand Pavilions and other public locations.
* Hawaii 1988-1993 - performed as keyboardist with saxophonist Gabe Balthazar's quartet. Also live performances ranging from solo to big band formats.
* Los Angeles 1981-1984 - while studying at USC has performed regularly with the University's Jazz Ensemble featuring guest stars such as Lionel Hampton, Freddie Hubbard, Bobby Shew and Bill Magnuson.
* Mexico 1983 - invited to perform at 2 editions of the Morelia jazz festival as featured artist with musical backing from the University of Michoacan's musicians.
* Italy 1981 - Performances at Jazz Festivals in Bassano, San Marino and Campobasso. Also featured on Italian TV among a selected group of emerging young artists.
* "EMOTIONS" (issued in 2003 by TCB records) - Produced, arranged and performed by Francesco, featuring Lilian Terry and Von Freeman as well as international musicians from the US, Brazil and Egypt (note Night in Tunisia sung in Egyptian).
* "COLORS" (issued in 1999 by Southport Records, Chicago), featuring guest artist Von Freeman. Format includes jazz standards, original straight ahead and latin jazz. The album was well received by Downbeat Magazine (rated "4 stars"), Jazz Times, Jazz Improvisation Magazine, Cadence Music Review, All Music Guide, All About Jazz and The Jazz Review.
* "ENERGY" (issued in 1992 by Power Wave Records, Honolulu). Nominated for a Hawaiian 1993 Hoku Hanohano Award in the Instrumental Album of the Year category.
* Future Release - "PASSION" Produced and performed live piano solo concert at Atherton Auditorium in Honolulu sponsored by KHPR (National Public Radio). Originals and jazz compositions by Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Thelonious Monk and Bill Evans. Mixed by Bernie Kirsch at Mad Hatter Studio, Los Angeles.
* Hawaii 1992-1996 - With the University of Hawaii Statewide Cultural Extension Program, Francesco performed to enthusiastic audiences around the rainbow state bringing jazz education to schools, correctional institutions, libraries and public parks.
* Indiana 1997-1998 - served as Instructor of Piano Improvisational Technique in the Applied Music Program at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
FILM & TV
* Live jazz performances broadcast in Hawaii (1993 & 1994)
* Original music score for "The Teeny Tinies" a 3D animation film
* Commercial Jingles for Hawaiian Host Chocolate radio spots (1994)
Francesco Crosara Productions,
P.O. Box 371, Huntington Beach, California 92648, USA