MP3 Cynthia Lynn Douglass - Love's Garden
Komplettes MP3 Album von Cynthia Lynn Douglass
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Emphasizes the romantic magic in this blend of contemporary and traditional love songs. Selections include movie themes and traditional favorites. The purpose of this album, Cynthia says, is "to cultivate the garden of love within us all."
Käufer, die sich für (Kim Robertson Hilary Stagg Andreas Wollenweider) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
Cynthia Lynn Douglass performs original, classical, Celtic, popular contemporary, and ethnic music on her Celtic and cross-strung harps ranging in size from 27 to 65 strings. The Celtic harp is Cynthia's favorite instrument because of the rich harmonies it creates, and the healing effects it gives her listeners.
Cynthia has extensive experience performing for a wide variety of events including solo concerts, weddings, receptions, elegant dinners, new store openings, business luncheons, and parties. In addition, she offers private lessons, group workshops, and consulting on harps, healing with music, and harp related matters. She also sells Celtic harps representative of five American folk harp manufacturers.
Included in her accomplishments related to the Celtic world are:
- First place, journeyman category, Glasco Highland Games, Glasco, KY, 2003.
- Invited to perform and lead a harp circle for the Oak Mountain Highland Games, May 10, 2003,
- Invited to give five workshops at the July 2003 ISFHC Harp Conference, Bloomington, IN.
- Performed for A Celtic Evening January 25, 2003 and February 15, 2002, Birmingham, AL.
- Performed solo for the Oak Mountain Highland Games May 5, 2002, Birmingham, AL.
- Presented 1 hour lecture and demonstration, "History of the Celtic Harp" for Judd College,
October 2, 2002. Marion, AL.
- Solo concert performed June 8, 2001, sponsored by Artburst, Birmingham, AL.
- Won first place at the Lyon & Healy Pop and Jazz Harp Festival (Harpfest), lever harp
division, July 3, 1999.
- Adjudicated the harp competition at the Atlanta Celtic Festival, Atlanta, GA, May 17, 1998.
- Performed solo for the Atlanta Celtic Festival, May 17, 1998.
- Have composed over 30 compositions for the harp.
- Have taught harp technique, arranging, and composing privately since 1988.
- First place, professional category, Loch Normand Highland Games, 1994, Charlotte, NC.
- Harper of the day, Loch Normand Highland Games, 1994.
- First place, professional category, Ohio Scottish Games, 1994, Oberlin, OH.
- Harper of the day, Ohio Scottish Games, 1994.
- First place, professional category, Stone Mountain Highland Games, 1994, Atlanta, GA.
- Harper of the day, Stone Mountain Highland Games, 1994.
- Taught 1-hour workshop entitled Passionate Playing for Scottish Arts School, Oberlin, OH, June
- Taught 1-hour Passionate Playing workshop for ISFHC Conference, Burlington, VT, July 8,
- Taught 2-hour Passionate Playing workshop for The Gathering, Mt. Laguna, CA, August 20,
- Second place, professional category, Charleston Scottish Games, 1993, Charleston, SC.
- Taught 4-hour workshop entitled Bass Pattern Techniques, Arranging and Composing for Atlanta
Folk Harpers, August 21, 1993.
Cynthia has recorded with World Disc Productions, Friday Harbor, WA, and with Celestial Sounds, her own record company. She currently has nine recordings available on tape and compact disc including her latest release, Lullabies for the Wee Folk, and her cd's are also available packaged in a gift set with an aromatherapy candle (eight different scents of candles). They can be ordered from https://www.tradebit.com, https://www.tradebit.com, Cynthia's web site, https://www.tradebit.com, or by phone toll-free at (888) 299-HARP. Wholesale orders are welcome.