MP3 Carol McComb - Little Bit of Heaven
Komplettes MP3 Album von Carol McComb
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Her music is at ease in a range of music that covers gentle love songs, classic country and bluegrass, swing and bluesy country, and difficult subjects like growing old, child abuse, Alzheimer's disease, and homelessness.
Käufer, die sich für (Cheryl Wheeler Emmylou Harris Kate Wolf) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
"McComb writes very personally delivering deceptively plain lyrics in a lovely voice that glides from contralto richness to silvery soprano. Her guitar playing is a marvel of spare technique, rich counterpoint adding texture to lyrical images... the intimacy she brings forth is both chilling and ennobling."
The Boston Globe
Little Bit of Heaven is the crown jewel in a music career studded with glittering accomplishments. Carol's third solo CD, Little Bit of Heaven, features performances by Nashville session player KEITH LITTLE, Bluegrass divas LAURIE LEWIS and CAROL ELIZABETH JONES, Celtic guitar virtuoso WILLIAM COULTER, and mandolin great JOHN REISCHMAN, among others.
A songwriter's songwriter, Carol's songs have been recorded by Bill Staines, Laurie Lewis, the Good Ol' Persons and 2004 Grammy winners Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer, and others.
Be sure to also check out Carol's 1990 Kaleidoscope release, Tears Into Laughter, which earned praise from Billboard Magazine: "This is a remarkably well-written, well-played, and emotionally moving album. McComb, who wrote all 11 songs, is wise without being preachy, and she sings with a quiet conviction and urgency."
Carol's popular instruction book, Country and Blues Guitar for the Musically Hopeless was published by Klutz Press in 1988. To date, the book and accompanying tape has sold more than 100,000 copies.
In 1975, Carol recorded her first solo album Love Can Take You Home Again, which one reviewer pronounced "as good as anything that came out of Geffin's Asylum (Records)."
Carol made her recording debut for Elektra Records with Kathy and Carol, her duo with Kathy Larisch. The success of the record led to tours with Mimi Fariña and to concert dates with the likes of James Taylor, Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger. Carol's early music has withstood the test of time. In 1995, Vanguard Records on Folk Music at Newport, Part 1, featuring Kathy and Carol tracks.
In addition to numerous other credits, Carol has taught guitar, harmony singing, voice and songwriting to thousands of people in workshop series in the San Francisco Bay Area and summer music camps nationwide.
DJ'S GUIDE to LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN:
1) Look at the Moon (3:26) - Medium tempo country song with a bluegrass chop and a hopeful sentiment.
2) Watershed (3:05) - Bittersweet, mellow folk song of love lost. Featuring Celtic guitar virtuoso WILLIAM COULTER and Celtic whistle by KEVIN CARR.
3) She Always Breaks My Fall (3:29) - Celtic/bluegrass-influenced tribute to a mother's love with a catchy hook. Featuring distinctive Uilleann pipes and concertina, capped by JOHN REISCHMAN'S mandolin.
4) Little Bit of Heaven (2:19) - Up tempo, radio-friendly country song with a catchy hook. Featuring KEITH LITTLE on the banjo and LAURIE LEWIS on bass.
5) Touch and Go (3:43) - Heartbreaking lament of love lost featuring exquisite single string lead guitar by SCOTT NYGAARD.
6) Dreaming in Three-Quarter Time (3:38) - A honky-tonk waltz featuring twin fiddles, mandolin, pedal steel and a harmony hook.
7) Bad Girl, Sad Girl (3:37) - A folkie twist on the great tradition of women gone bad. Slow tempo, sweet vocals, sad topic.
8) Goodbye Song (3:08) - Medium tempo country song in the style of Mother Maybelle Carter. Featuring KEITH LITTLE on acoustic lead guitar and vocal and CAROL ELIZABETH JONES on harmony vocal. "Make a joyful sound."
9) Not Quite a Love Bite (2:38) - Up tempo, Western swing tune with a catchy, radio-friendly hook and honky-tonk fiddle and pedal steel leads.
10) Only A Fool Would Be Taken In (3:22) - a jazzy folk ballad with haunting Uillean pipes and a touch of Celtic percussion.
11) Simple Melody (3:53) - Afro/folk with a jazzy a cappella choir.
12) Mary's Lullaby (3:04) - Guitar, cello and voice. Love, security and warmth.