MP3 Biggup & Elijah - "UNITED WE STAND" /w BONUS MUSIC VIDEO
Komplettes MP3 Album von Biggup & Elijah
Kurz-Beschreibung von CDbaby: Positive, Real Hip-Hop music straight from PHILLY. ALREADY IN WORLDWIDE ROTATION...
Käufer, die sich für (Mos Def Kanye West Biggie Smalls) interessieren sollten sich dieses Album anhören.
Weitere Informationen vom Distributor:
"UNITED WE STAND" single reached the TOP 20 on NATIONAL COLLEGE RADIO CHART "RAP NETWORK" in 2004-2005
INTERNATIONAL AIRPLAY IN:
JAPAN, ISRAEL, AUSTRAILIA, GERMANY, U.K., CANADA, MEXICO, IRELAND, AFRICA, PERU, ITALY, SAUDI ARABIA, FRANCE, POLAND, NORWAY, DENMARK, SWEDEN, BULGARIA, SWITZERLAND, PORTUGAL, NETHERLANDS, ALASKA, BRAZIL, ESTONIA, SRI LANKA, and CROATIA.
FOX 10'O CLOCK NEWS PHILADELPHIA heavily promoted and aired a 3-minute segment produced about "Biggup & Elijah", and the "UNITED WE STAND" song/video. The story aired the same week as the Presidential Election, on Saturday November 6th, 2004. The response was so overwhelming, that FOX aired the story again, Monday November 8th, on GOOD DAY PHILADELPHIA.
"UNITED WE STAND" VIDEO in ROTATION on HBO ZONE, in addition to SPECIAL SCREENINGS during the 2004 CMJ/CVC CONFERENCE, and the 2005 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL.
Performed, "UNITED WE STAND", all over the Philadelphia area for MTV's Rock the Vote, educating the youth about the importance of voting to the community. Registered voters online at https://www.tradebit.com, helping a record voter turnout in Philadelphia.
REVIEWS AND TESTIMONIALS
- "This may only be a CD single, but it holds a powerful message within it's moving Hip Hop beats and it's catchy looping hooks. As their official website states: "United We Stand is a testament to people of different social, religious, and educational backgrounds working together toward a positive goal." It certainly gets the picture across from the cover artwork to the lyrics within. You most definitely can't refrain yourself from bopping your head along with the catchy beats and uttering the words "United" in harmony with the backing track. If you like Hip Hop with delicate vocals and a big message, then take the time to visit their site, read their message and purchase this single."
Wednesday Elektra - Space Junkies Magazine - CANADA
- "A moving message about unity. Not only does it call for unity amongst the races, but to the nations as well. The video lends more emotion to the message, and far surpasses the message in the song itself. This is not an opaque projection. The message is clear, "United we stand, divided we fall".
One can see the Philadelphia attitude behind the video. You can see the many landmarks that lay amongst the Philadelphia skyline. But, the thing you cannot miss, is the message relayed in unity with the Declaration of Independence. Unite against tyranny, and oppression!
When I was talking to a friend about this mix of a African-American Muslim, and a Caucasian Middle Class Jew not only collaborating together, but actually preaching a vision of unity....... I was nearly floored by the response! "Do what? You're kidding...right?" The concept was incomprehensible to this individual who grew up on the streets of the Bronx, in New York City. I played the song over the phone to him, and his reaction was, "You're sure of this? A Muslim and a Jew?" I affirmed my statement. There was silence on the line for about five seconds. Then in an amazed voice, "You know, I like this!"
The hard work behind this video and CD is evident. Their talent will without a doubt come through to anyone who hears it. I highly recommend this!
John Anderson - The "On The Horizon" radio show - UTAH
- "With all the war and violence in this world it's more than good to see people take the peace process into their own hands. Such is the case with Biggup & Elijah. I am no fan of religion but their passion proves that we can co-exist and work together as it was intended. The single "United We Stand" is a perfect example. If it is true that music can soothe the savage beast, perhaps it will one day unite us too!"
Michael Anthony - Brocket 99 Entertainment - VIRGINIA
- "Philadelphia residents and music/business partners BIGGUP & ELIJAH (black Muslim Waleed Hakim-X Watson and white Jewish Elijah Spiritoso) do a straight ahead single/video show-and-tell with self released "United We Stand". It drapes flags, US history from 1776, Philadelphia scenes and some downtown fun together with a solid, undeniable and heartfelt message to the nations huddled nervously under the Statue of Liberty. The contrast between available resources and declared mission is poignant. It's what music should be taking on right now. And, with no corporate complications, buying a copy should be less of an ethical dilemma than the much slicker BEASTIE BOYS' single."
Sam Saunders - Whisperin and Hollerin - UNITED KINGDOM
- "Biggup & Elijah will certainly give the major label artists a run for their bling bling. With tight beats and intellectual lyrics this act is on their way to the main stage."
Mike Galaxy - Band Promote - HOLLYWOOD
- "These two talented artists take an introspective approach that opens the eyes and minds of our community. "United We Stand" sends a message to its listeners that far too many artists gloss over. You've got to respect and admire their talent and objective."
Josh Epstein - Vision Music USA - TEXAS
- "I am always excited when I hear new young artists from all genres and beliefs taking a stand for a positive world. Biggup & Elijah do just that in their exciting and inspirational single "United We Stand." I am very pleased to add this song to our playlist and lineup of positive artists and music on Positive Music Radio."
Tom Averna - Positive Music Radio - COLORODO
- "We want to share your music with our listeners and we are spinning your, United We Stand, on January 7th, 2005, at approximately 9:58 pm (Japan Standard Time), the bonus listening time slot for Yellow Beat listeners to experience new sound."
Ciao Babies - Yellow Beat - JAPAN
- "Let's face it, they could have made a crock of monumental shitness out of this - any rappers that try to put over a positive message rather than verbally stroke their own cocks while waiting for the laydeez in bikinis to show up at the video shoot are already going at things the hard way round. Making the message so obvious - that title, them being a black Muslim and a white Jew - doesn't help. But keeping the beats sweet and simple and the flows strong is the secret and, even taking the spoken word break into account, Biggup and Elijah can stand both together and tall."
Jimmy Possession - Robots and Electronics Magazine - UNITED KINGDOM
- "United We Stand is just the type of single that needs the ultimate exposure. It offers extra comfort in Today's Situations & Tomorrow's Solutions."
Godiva - WGNU - ST. LOUIS
- "Finally a hip-hop song that brings people together."
The Resident SOB - Independent Nation Radio - TENNESSEE
- "The best performance we've had on campus for years!"
Chadd Balbi - Student Programming Board - ARCADIA UNIVERSITY
- "Thanks so much for being a part of our event. YOU GUYS WERE THE BOMB!"
Davida Garr - COMCAST CABLE - PHILADELPHIA
- "The worlds only Black Islamic - White Hebraic, Hip-Hop Duo."
Gerald Kolpan - FOX 29 NEWS - PHILADELPHIA
- "Highest rated indie single of the year 2004."
The Wonder Twinz - B-side Record Pool - NEW YORK
- "HOT! We need more good Hip-Hop Joints."
G-Fresh - 3rd Finger Record Pool - OHIO
- "I don't know if ya'll are touring, but please consider St. Louis if you are."
Yoni Sarason - KWUR - ST. LOUIS
- "Impressive! I would be happy to play your music in Seattle."
DJ Fool Child - Fuzzylounge Recordings - SEATTLE
- "I'm a Fan."
Patrick Rappa - Music Editor - PHILADELPHIA CITY PAPER
- "I think it's great!"
David Pruter - MTV's Rock the Vote
DON'T FORGET TO "GOOGLE" SEARCH - "BIGGUP & ELIJAH" AND VISIT https://www.tradebit.com FOR MORE INFO
Tags: hip hop/rap: rap